Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 8 and 9

So I just didn’t feel like typing yesterday, but I’m going to try and not do that again, because with a title like 110 days of Japan, I need to keep with the theme. But day 8 and 9, wow. It’s been a lot. So in three days of classes, and I’m doing this from memory:

Hajimemaste.  Michigan daigakuu no wa gaukuu des. Senkoo wa Industrial & Operations Engineering des. Gonensee des. Nijinisai des.

Translation:
How do you do? I am Nadia Vedhapudi. I am a college student at University of Michigan. My major is Industrial & Operations Engineering. I am a 5th year. I am 22 years old.

This is after 3 days of class. I know How to count, give and ask for phone numbers, tell time, and give basic greetings. I am struggling with Hiragana, but I honestly need to put in more effort with learning. It’s going to be a long night because my first test is tomorrow and I have to recognize all 70 Hiragana characters, write 55 of them, 77 vocabulary words and phrases, numbers, and understand the subtle differences between a few phrases. To say it in short, this is Intense.

Well that’s what I get for signing up for an Intensive Language Study Abroad Program. But the positive, I know there will be great benefits.

Today was my class for Japanese Politics. It was at Shiga University, a 20 minute bike ride away. It was only people from my program in the class, but it should still be very interesting. I don’t know too much about politics in general aside from my 10th grade Government class, and what I hear from the news that I do watch. So learning Japanese Politics is interesting.

I have no pictures today. I wanted to take this great view of the mountains I saw on my bike ride back to the dorm, but it was getting dark and I had to make it home. But think about Ice mountain water, and the mountains they put on the bottle. Well that’s what I get to see, snow caps and all. It’s very calming. And since I can’t listen to music and ride my bike (It’s against Japanese law), it was needed. I’ll try and snap a shot soon.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment