Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 27

I didn't do much this pass weekend but sleep, I was incredible tired, I have to make sure not to get sick around here. But all is well on this Monday evening.

Got an email today. It was to everyone living in the JCMU dorm. It was urging us to turn off all P2P sharing software and to refrain from uploading and downloading large files. Apparently Japan is very strict on the the internet usage here, a dorm/ facility of about 30 people can only use GB per day. That is not a lot considering that I can go through about 3-5 GB in one day ( I watch a lot of movies, and that was usage in america) so 30 people and 30GB is not that much. I will try to limit my usage but this was mind blowing. If we don't limit our usage, specifically downloading, no more internet for us. It's that serious.

Japan has about 130 million people in an area as large as California.

With all of these SOPA acts sprouting up around the globe it was amazing to hear this, that another thing that America has the freedom of internet usage. People are angry that cell phone companies sare limiting there browsing data when we still have the option of unlimited if we choose to stay with a neighborhood provider such as Comcast or AT&T. Just another reason to be proud to be an American, or at least live in America.

And with thisI'm getting a little homesick. Not as bad as my first experience the first time I traveled abroad. I'm not crying or anything. I just miss home, friends, being close in time. Coupled with the fact that I miss college life, Ann Arbor has it's way with you with so much to do. But I shall not complain, 82 more days and it's all the America I can stand.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment