Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 2

Vedhapudi-San

I didn't know my last name could get any longer, but it did. Today was a chill day, even though I didn't seem to have any jet lag, i took a long nap, But sleeping has always been a favorite pastime of mine.

Today was the first day of orientation, and classes don't start until next tuesday. There was so much Japanese speaking that I really just sat down and watched people's mouths move. The Instructors introduced themselves in Japanese as well as the students. I believe one other student did as well, but I haven't met them yet.

We received bicycles and helmets today and were supposed to have a bike tour, but it was canceled due to the weather. I'm really confused here because it's over 40 degrees and snowing, but maybe  it was 30 degrees at some time. Hopefully the snow melts by tomorrow so that I can go exploring and buy groceries.

Last night I was FREEZING, I learned today that the air conditioning system is a heating system as well, and Thank God for that news because I knew not how I would survive. The space heater was doing nothing. I can only use the heating system for about 4 hours a day without my bill going too high, so I have to use is sparingly, but at least I get some warmth.

I'm going to try and take more pics, but I only have one today, a picture of my lunch. I can say that the food in the pic looks like exactly what I ate. Luckily I'm not a picky eater. It was chicken with honey mustard sauce, a shrimp steak, rice (which was just a side, I had to jazz it up) this egg salad with noodles, salad, and this coffe jello with cream, meal was 819 yen, which I'm going to have to find something more economical, my money was converted at 67 yen per dollar in the US, so my meal was $12. But I went to the restauran next Door Named Coco's, so maybe when I venture out on my bike I will have better luck.



Something fun:

Meet Doraemon, The Japanese robot cat from the future, He was on the kids menu at the restaurant, and my room mate explained him to me, I'm going to try and watch an episode



 I'm going to start doing some basic words of the day, it will be the phonogram of the word of course:

onegai shimasu- please
hai- yes

Only two words, but it adds to my 3 word vocabulary of Konchiwa, Sonara, and Arigato(sp).

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment