Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 11

Today I volunteered at Kikone Highschool with 4 other JCMU students. We assisted with an English Language seminar. We helped students increase their language skills by helping them with adjectives and some of the difficult sounds like the differences between s vs. sh; i vs e; f vs. v ect. It was very interesting, seeing them learn English while I learn Japanese.

We went over iterations and humming of english phrases as well. It was funny, because I don't think about the inflections of my voice when talking in English, and I don't know If I would notice if someone didn't have them when speaking with me. It was a nice experience though. And even though we volunteered, the program gave us a 3,000 book voucher for bookstores in Japan. That's about $42, so I was deeply pleased. Now all I have to do is visit a book store.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment