Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 13

Today was my 4th day of class. It's coming along. I wanted to get out today, and even though it was freezing, (it was only in the low 40's, but i feel the cold since there is no insulation) and it had the potential to rain, I trekked my self to the grocery store. And I took "scenic" pics as well:


Pay attention to the mountains in the background, I don't know what this grassland is. I know near by it seemed to be some vegetation, but probably a small community garden, we shall find out in the spring.


Some houses I passed, If I was a photographer, I feel as though I could have made this look cool


The "mall" I was going too, It's really a grocery store, with like a home store on the other side


Had to head home before it got to dark, but these were the pretty mountains I was talking about


And this is a treat I picked up, I guess its for those who can't decide what they want, a half ice cream sandwich with half crunch bar ice cream.

Thats all for now. Ending my monday. And in thinking of Dr. Martin Luther King, I ran across this Self Affirmation. It is meant for people with Aspergers Disease, but I feel like it is good for everyone. When thinking of equality, you have to think of yourself as equal too. 

Self-Affirmation Pledge
By Liane Holliday Willey 

I am not defective. I am different. 
I will not sacrifice my self-worth for peer acceptance. 
I am a good and interesting person. 
I will take pride in myself. 
I am capable of getting along with society. 
I will ask for help when I need it. 
I am a person who is worthy of others’ respect and acceptance. 
I will find a career interest that is well suited to my abilities and interests.
I will be patient with those who need time to understand me. 
I am never going to give up on myself. 
I will accept myself for who I am.
Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment