Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 20

So as planned today was an adventure. It did not start off great, I was late to class because I couldn't find my key which was conveniently hidden under a bag, and then upon arriving to class I found out there was a quiz, which was not in the syllabus. omg. And then our sensee was upset with us ichinensee's for not learning our verbs. I already knew it was going to be a challenging week because my romanizations of words was just taken right from under me, and now I have to learn my vocabulary via characters. I have to put in more effort. So I'm getting it together.

On my way out on my adventure, it started to rain, and I still trekked on, I have to get use this rain. And then it stopped, and didn't start back up until I rode home. I'm just praying I don't have to do this all the time.


The ducks I saw on the way, wishing me good luck. I saw people fishing in this lake too.

I went to city hall today to apply for my alien registration. In about two weeks I will be an official Alien in Japan. That's kinda cool to say. 

City Hall, It's doesn't look so old on the inside.

So I ventured from City Hall to BellRoad, It was supposed to have many shops, and I was in search of unique things. I thought I was getting lost, but I made it. And it wasn't what I thought. Just a regular busy street.

graffiti!

Bell Road

So I finally found one of the stores I was looking for, this place called Bulldog, it was supposed to have lots of cute things. It was cool, there were lots of cute things, but not lots of "Japanese things" that I would want as memorabilia. 

Toiletpaper dolls

It said when you use me, I will bring you happiness, lol.

And that was Bulldog and Bell Road. Yeah, Not much. But I passed more interesting shops on my way to this Bell Road, and I was going to go back and boy was I glad. I went to back to Castle road, where the shops looked very castle like I guess you could say, no pics, sorry. And while looking for a place to park my bike, I turned down this opening and found a nice little area of shops, in addition to the wonderful shops already on Castle Road.

The little area.



I don't know what this is, it looks nice.

something interesting, looks like an army uniform

This was a wedding shop, they had more traditional gowns inside

I went inside a petshop as well, this little yorkie was fiesty

And this dog didn't have a care in the world. 

I could never buy a dog from that shop though, it smelled awful. Those dogs were expensive too... over $1000.

Some Shrine I believe


This part was a cemetary

This little guy looked like Mooshu from Mulan

Something interesting outside the Shrine

I can't wait to go back and actually read what everything is. The place kinda creeped me out though. The cemetary, the unknown of whatever territory I was stepping into, Mooshu. The dead creeps me out.

Back in the little area

So that brings me back to my excitement, besides seeing nice little shops. I bought a used Kimono, or for my Japanese culture enthusiasts it is probably a Yukata, it's a lighter Kimono for summer months. It doesn't fit, but it was incredibly inexpensive, so I got it anyway. A birdy told me to frame the Kimono when I mentioned I had to be realistic when buying one, because when would I wear it again. But look below to see my find. 

Kimono and obi, even thought I don't really think it's an obi, I might have to go back and get the right thing. But this was still a steal.

You can see the detail a little better

I'm proud of my purchase. Will probably get one that actually fits though, we will see.

 Well, I had a good day.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment