Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 15- Day 17

So I said I wouldn't miss a post, It was not my intention, but when you are studying, all can be lost, But you didn't miss too much.

Day 15

I tried to be social that day, well I'm trying to be more social in general. I went to a January Birthday "Party" in our lounge, it was basically just ice cream. People really were already friends before I got here. There are the people who were here last semester, people from the same school who knew each other from Japanese classes, or relate to each other because they have had the same japanese teachers. There are a few couples, and then you have some people who have been here multiple times. 

Well I said I'm going to try and go somewhere, I still needed to get my alien registration from City Hall, so I would just ask who else needed to go, and there you have it, an adventure can be had. 

Well I found one person, who was going with a group to Al Plaza. But this fell through because by the time they were ready to go, it was 4, I had just enough time to make it to City Hall before it closed, when someones bike was flat. We had to wait. And by that time the adventure was pointless. I know, I could have went anyway, but they were getting groceries, I didn't need any, so I stayed behind. Failed mission. 

Hey but I was able to do laundry. Washing is free, and Drying is 100 yen for 60 minutes, which I needed 2 hours. I don't know why. It's hard understanding a machine in Japanese. And I dried my mentionables in the Drying room. It's day 3 and my clothes are still drying. ah well. 
My clothes drying

drying room

I don't think I'll do this again, that's just too long, it didn't help that it rained. And your clothes just don't smell as fresh anymore. I tried.

Day 16

So Today it was time for Politics class again. So off riding my bike I went to Shiga University and sat in a 3 hour lecture. Boy oh Boy, it is a doozy. And there is no inspiration to listen because their is no final exam. But the mission is to learn so that is what I will do.

During the break between the class, I ventured to the restroom and had my first experience with the Japanese toilet. 

I did not use said toilet. You see, I decided to wait until I got into the confines of my own dorm with the americanized toilet. The area around the whole in the ground looked wet, and my mind can only surmise what that is. I don't think I will use this unless I most absolutely have to. Oh My. 

Well the ride home was quite unpleasant, it was raining, and I have no rain gear, coupled with the fact that you can not use an umbrella while riding a bike. (JCMU rule). It was a cold blurry ride home. Luckily it wasn't pouring. But in still I need to find a solution.

Day 17

Today was good. I felt great about my exam. no 100%, but I know it will be a great improvement from last week. I need to improve my vocabulary, but besides that, Hiragana is coming along. And we are just learning Katakana. 

I also participated in a tea ceremony. I will post a video of pieces of it over the weekend. I want to edit it and make it more interesting to watch. But I do have pics.

the room

We had to bow before we partook in the ceremony, that little green thing is a snack. It was very um, chewy. But it was dusted with Green tea powder, that was something I had to muster to finish. The green tea is very strong. The powder was mixed with hot water and served to us. It was very gritty. 


The inside of the "treat" had a sweet bean, that wasn't bad. But this little sucker was hard to finish, I was first going to pop the whole thing as was shown to us, but I'm happy I didn't. 

This was the view from the room, our Japanese Garden again.

I was happy for the experience, but I don't know If I would do this again. 

Next Friday it's Japanese Sword Fighting.

Until Next Time,




No comments:

Post a Comment