Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 3

Day 3 was a good day. We had our placement Test's which I didn't haven't to take since I'm in level 1. 3 students will be joining me, so that's exciting. I received my books and homework for the weekend so I have to learn some common phrases for the classroom since No english will be spoken unless permission is given in Japanese. Wish me luck.

We had cooking lessons today where someone came in a showed us how to prepare a japanese meal in my apartment. This was the final product:


Hard to see, but its rice, with some sweet things added, onions and carrots, topped with seaweed and sesame, fried tofu, and soup. It was cool, I don't mind eating it again, but I would not prepare it.


I was supposed to go bike riding today, but we found out about a free shuttle, and we went to Downtown Hikone to get groceries. I took pictures too:

the shuttle we rode


Hiko-nyan the official Hikone Mascot- He's so cute


This was like a mall we shopped at, grocery store was in the basement


You know how we have decorated paper towel, they have decorated toilet paper

We went to the 100 Yen store and it had an arcade in it as well




So this was a game, I have to figure out what it was, next time I'll play


The plaza again

And this is where we waited for the shuttle,

So I'm going to make sure the next time I go out, I know some proper sayings, because the people with me did not want to ask for help, and I just knew that they were leading me down the road of degradation. So we were dropped off here, a one way street, and the busses sat further down, and I said we should go to where the busses were or on the other side of the street, but no, no one one wanted to listen to me, because (This is where we got dropped off), and then I found out they did not know how to ask for help. ugh. So we saw the bus go past us on the other side, and had to catch a taxi back. Next time I just might separate, because I am not afraid to ask for help. But at least we got back safely. 

Until Next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment