Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 38

Today was a good day. And I have pics and videos.

First was my weekly test, which was ok. And Then our cultural activity for the week was kumi-daiko, which is a Japanase Drum Performance. I didn't get to much history but former professionals performed for us and taught us how to use the drums too.


This is the first set they did for us:




And this is the second:






Lady on the right was getting it, I loved her mask And their shoes were interesting, they were like samarai socks (they are socks like toe socks, but one slot for big toe, and the other slot four your four other toes) but only shoes.


Clearly Drums are important to many cultures. It was nice to see. After that I went and got my package from my Mom that I had been waiting for she is the best. I got Travelers checks so I now can get cash, ( I was having issues with the atm's here), she onion and garlic powder, so I can add more flavor to my food, i forgot to ask for Seasoning salt :(, and chocolate, cause my mommy is the best valentine. 


So I had to ventured to the bank, And I proud to report that I wasn't antisocial today. Two people came with me after asking did I want to get sushi, and boy did I. I made it to the bank to get cash, and stopped by City Hall to pick up my Alien registration card. It looks like an ID but in Japanese, pretty cool. I'm an official Japanese Alien. 


Afterwards we went to Kaiten Sushi. Kaiten Sushi wa Oishi desu (Delicious).
The sushi came by on a conveyor belt. Random plates at only 105 each.

If you wanted something specific, you had to order from the screen

Katherine ordering for me, I'm not that advance yet

Oocha (green tea) powder, this is what they used for the tea ceremony. I still have to edit and upload that video.



Sushi dish 1 and 2. 1 is salmon, and 2 is fried shrimp. It had inside rice, avocado, egg, lettuce, and the orange stuff is fish eggs. I find fish eggs to be delicious as long as you don't think about it.

Sushi dish 3, shrimp, avocado, mayonaise and rice

150ml coke (will come back and turn pics)

sushi dish 4 shrimp, cheese and rice

my stacked plates, I was done after that, sushi is so filling, I saw other patrons with like 8 plates each, couldn't do it.

We went to this bomb dollar store next and then via city where we got dessert.

People were raving about these parfaits, it was cool, Strawberry ice cream, sauce, whipped cream, vanillia froyo I believe and cornflakes, yeah cornflakes, of course I missed my granola.

The silver spork, excuse my whipped cream

We ventured around via city and I found even when seeing people, everyone has all these clothes with English writing. I wonder do they even know what things say. I have not yet seen a shirt with Japanese characters. I think there is a market there for that. I mean I think thats a cute sweatshirt, but why would I want to buy this in Japan.

Thee cutest hello kitty, but it's like $65. I wish it was cheaper, I would buy it, aww Japan, Takai des ne.

But we returned back afterwards and I am proud to report my milage for today on my bike was 11miles.  my legs will be sore soon, but 11 miles is impressive. When I get back to the states, I know I could do a cycling class definitely. 

But this was a nice start to a great weekend. Field Trip to Nara tomorrow, so more exciting pics to come.

Until Next Time,







No comments:

Post a Comment