Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 31

Setsubun

snow


So today I got to see the real aftermath of the snowstorm, the snow was knee-deep, they haven't even plowed the side streets, and our cultural activity got canceled. Sad times, I didn't get to learn about the koto- the japanese harp. But since it was Setsubun I got to experience a little culture for my Friday.

Our Oni- (Devil)

Oni outside

He's actually our resident director, we didn't throw anything literally at him

soy beans packs we through in side.

So you say "Oni wa soto!" throwing them outside saying "Bad spirits In" and  "Fuku wa uchi!" - "Happiness in" We kept the soybeans incased for cleanliness because we don't follow typical japanese cleanliness by always taking off our shoes in the lobby. But then you eat your age +1 in soybeans for good health. 

I also watched Rocky Horror Show, yeah that movie was interesting... Tomorrow I'm taking myself to the grocery store via shuttle because that snow is not something to mess with, however I am in dire need of groceries.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment