Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 108

So today was the closing ceremony. I slept in and then got up to clean and do my hair. unfortunately it was raining, and Japan is very humid so it proved to be a fail but i managed. I was giving a speech today and was a little nervous. I volunteered to give a speech on behalf of the 1st years, and I did ok, It's just tough, I'm enclosing it today so that you can see some of what I've been working on these past few months.

Here ya go:




What I said was:

Nice to meet you, And then my name.

Living in Japan has been fun. I came to Japan on January first and when i came i couldn't not speak any japanese. But Now I can. I've met lots of Japanese people, and we've have conversations. I also like to travel and was able to travel to Hiroshima, Kyoto, and Tokyo for example. Japan is a beautiful place, but Hikone is the most beautiful. I had a homestay near hikone with he Tsuchida family. They were very nice and fed me delicious food such as gyoza and sushi. We went to shigaraki and we made pottery. It was a very fund weekend.

Studying japanese has been difficult, but living in japan was great. One day, I will bring my family here.

JCMU, Hikone, and staff thank you very much.

It was rough, but I did it. I only forgot two lines. But hey I made it. Hopefully one day I will be able to speak at normal pace, but Im happy this journey is coming to an end.

more pics:

This is artwork shown from the students who took the art class

very very nice

dessert cakes for the ceremony, they look better that they taste, still use to the good ole american sugar

what i chose

students in kimonos

Me and one of my teachers Melleville Sensei. People just didn't want to smile with me huh,



Ikebana

And that's it's, one more full day in Japan and then it's Sayonara

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment