Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 80

This is kinda my cultural activity Post:

3 weeks ago I had the opportunity to do calligraphy, it was not easy, but very interesting, here are my products:

The left is the sample, the right is mind
Tomo- Friend

dream



I traced this one, i feel like the other one looks better

Go to Japan

Mother's Dream

The one on the left my sensei wrote, the one on the write me
Mother's Dream

The one's I'm keeping, I posted the friend one, it looks really good, I'll probably get it framed back in the states


I also have 2 videos for you today, Two cultural activity videos from last week and the week before. I have to break it up into two posts but at least Blogspot is being nice to me. I know my mommy will be happy to finally see photos. I'm no video maker pro, I just clip and trim and add music if needed so enjoy:




Akido is a Japanese style martial art that combines religious and political ideologies and was developed in the early 1900's as a form of self defense. They gave us the opportunity do this as well, but you all i'm fragile, the idea of having someone flip me on the ground when I'm broken things is not a fun thought. And not to mention my arm so yeah. But it was cool to watch.





Last week we had another style of Martial arts shown to us called Nakinata. It is one of Power and grace which consists of practice choreographed movements called Kata performed with the "stick" that is usually a sword. We learned a few movements, it was cool as well.


Today we tried on Kimono's. Well actually most of us were wearing Yukata's, which is a cotton version of the Kimono. I found out the Kimono that I bought is called a Komo, it's one used for parties.

Our Sensei showing us how to put on kimono 

She got her kimono really cheap, I'm going to have to get her to remember where she got it in Osaka


Me in my Yukata

My bow




There you have it,

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment