Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 76

So first I will start off with an update, Blogspot does not like me, it hasn't been letting my upload photos to the last few posts, nor will it accept my video uploads. I should try a new browser, but I don't know what the problem is. So yeah sorry about that.

In other news, Today I went back to Kyoto for Hanatoro. It translates to flower and light road and basically had lanterns that lit up the backroads that people would walk to get to Higashiyama District. I have pictures but my camera appears to be horrible at night. I was able to walk around to areas I didn't get to last time, and I got some great souvenirs so I'm excited. I even bought a Japanese umbrella so thats good.

Before I went to the Higashiyama District I actually went to the Fushimi Inari Shrine. Now I said I'm not really into the shrine thing but it's known for it's many, and I mean many Tori gates that line a sort of Hiking trail and take about 3 hours to complete. Like most visitors I stopped after about 40 minutes. It's basically a bunch of gates after a while, and when you hit the steep steps, I was like, ok, workout is over. It was cool, because this shrine is orange. Orange is the color I deny of being my favorite, but everyone else will tell you differently, and today I can see why. It supposed to be one of the most famous temples, for the god of rice.

I enjoyed my little excursion, and went by myself as I do often times. It was a good tiring day. Walking around for hours up and down hills is draining, but I enjoyed myself. hopefully I can get pics up soon.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment