Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 71

Hello All,

It's been a few days. I was able to go the movies on Sunday and that was a treat. The movie theater in Hikone was a little interesting. I have no pics, I just feel like some places pictures shouldn't be taken. But the concession was very tiny. I ordered the typical popcorn and pop and went to my designated theater. It was a very small theater, with only 4 screens and I ended up watching Sherlock Holmes, I hadn't seen the first one, but I missed the In Time Screening once again since I accidentally got on the the Shinkansen, which is the bullet train, and didn't realize it until we passed my stopped, and I was in some random town, #foreinerstruggles. But I wanted to enjoy my movie experience so I settled with ole Sherlock. The theater reminded me of like a school gymnasium turned into an auditorium because of the flooring. It had the normal seats, but an actual drape covered the screen and opened once the previews began. The floor wasn't on an incline either, so all the the seats were on the same level, which would have sucked if someone tall was sitting in front of me. There are quite a few tall people in Japan.

The movie was cool, Sherlock Holmes is an interesting character. I was just happy to go is what I can say.

Today was a good day, I FINALLY got my new laptop. Ya girl now has the Lion OS for all you Mac heads. I'm slowly adjusting to the scroll features. Getting the laptop here was so expensive and to top it all off, I had to pay a consumption Tax of $41 to receive, aint that something. Well At least I now have my computer. I'm happy America has free trade cause this is ridiculous. I would have christened it with Photobooth photos to share but that will have to wait, I'm not feeling my hair at the moment, I'm was supposed to straighten for the last few days, but I just haven't done so yet. So it's in a frizzy ponytail, and I'll either have to buckle down and straighten it or just wash it again in the morning. We'll see. I should have updated pics on her by the weekend, when I can take the time and organize everything.

I also went to the doctor today. It was my first experience with Universal healthcare, I'm assuming that's what Japan has. My right shoulder has been bothering me for the last few weeks and I had the slightest clue why, I have a high tolerance for pay, but the past few days, It's been uncomfortable sleeping, so talking with my mom it was suggested I go. I have the HTH worldwide insurance so I was like, Ok lets try this. My "RA" took me and before she took me she asked did I have cash, Because I have to pay upfront, the insurance works via reimbursement. I honestly didn't even want to go anymore, pay money up front, how much will this cost. She said bring about a $100 which means 10,000 yen which is really like $125 when you allow for exchange rates. I had that so I said ok. We got there at a good time and I was literrally in and out, he examined my arm asked me where it hurt and did it hurt why he moved and poked my arm, and no it didn't. Then we got an xray, and I'm thinking Oh my Lord, this is going to be expensive. Nothing ended ups being wrong, and I turned down the the prescription for pills, and accepted the prescription for what sounded like icy hot patches. Guess how much my bill was. 5,800 yen. That's roughly $72 I need you to understand that I'm a foreigner, walked in with no insurance, they didn't even ask for identification, and I received inexpensive healthcare and an XRAY. Get Outta Here. I like this, can we please get this in america. I feel like with my insurance at home my deductible would have been that much for the xray alone. I understand why some sick people cross the border now. WOW. But all is good, I have on one of the Icy hot thingys and hopefully the pain goes away.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment